Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Morning Pick-me-up Juice

Are you a morning juice drinker? Growing up, I always thought “morning juice” referred to small glass of orange juice or perhaps cranberry or apple. I remember spending the night at my friend’s home and drinking freshly squeezed orange juice. But now as an adult, I have an entirely new perspective of what a “morning juice” can be.

Now, let me preface this by saying that I don't hold any disdain for fruit juice. I use it in marinades, dressings, and baked goods. But when it comes to a tall glass for breakfast, I’d rather have a tall glass of freshly blended veggies as my morning pick-me-up juice any day. 

Here’s one of my favorites:


Morning Pick-me-Up Juice (Makes 1 quart)
  • 1 English cucumber 
  • 1/2 head of celery 
  • 2 limes peeled 
  • 1/2 jalapeño pepper with seeds removed 
  • 1granny smith apple 
  • Handful of cilantro
  • Beet greens from one bunch of beets 
    Run through the juicer and enjoy!